Variable Profile Picture?

As the Google Admin for a school district, I was thinking it would be nice if there was a way to create a profile picture to upload to all accounts that had a variable/changable portion.  Example, I could upload the profile photo file to all user accounts, but it would change the user's name OR initials based on the user account information.  

I don't want all students to be forced with the same logo, i.e. the school mascot, but I don't want to give them all the ability to change their profile photos and end up with inappropriate pfofile pictures.  I'd be nice if I could make it, for example, a photo of the school with their first name at the bottom.

Just a thought.  If there's already a way to do this - please point me in the right direction!

1 2 376
2 REPLIES 2

My district is looking for a solution like this also. It would be great if we could upload each student's school photo as their profile picture. 

You'd have to find another tool to generate the individualized photos, but to upload them, you can use the free, open source, command-line, indispensable GAM tool. Check out:

for more details.

Specifically, see https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3/wiki/Users-Photo

Hope that helps,

Ian

Top Labels in this Space