Adding a table in the Google forms

I was preparing a survey form and wanted to add a table in one question, but I could not, so I ended up adding 10 different questions as part of one question. The question is: is there a way to add a table in the forms?

4 14 9,904
14 REPLIES 14

@mggoogle  Have you already tried the multiple choices grid or checkbox grid, not sure if it will meet your exact requirements.

No they didnt. 

@mggoogle  I could understand how convenient it would have been.

Now the only thing I could think of is to create a template/table in a google sheet

ajojose33333344_0-1675836044127.png

and will give view permissions to people.

will add a question like this:

'Please fill out the timesheet using the link "the link" after downloading it and upload it back.'

and I will give them a file upload option in the answer.

This way the people who are filling the table wouldn't get to know each other's data and your 

work might become easy depending upon your exact requirement

How'd you get the 'link' listed for them to download the 'template'?  I have a template ready, but wasn't sure how to get them to download the template to use, so it's formatted correctly, before uploading.  Needing a team roster w/ info on it.

Sounds good, yes let me try this and see if it will serve the purpose, though a survey is supposed to be very swift and not too much work in order to get people to fill out the form, otherwise if its a bit too much work you find people refrain from taking the survey.

Google might need to improve this part.

You might want to post this to the Feature Ideas section here. Doing so will allow it to be upvoted by others and possibly considered as a future feature enhancement.

If you do not already have access, you need to request it first. See https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/custom/page/page-id/Workspace-Feature-Ideas-FAQ#:~:text=How%... for how to do that.

Once you have access, go to https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/gh-p/workspace-ideas-group . There, you can upvote and comment on any similar idea, or post a new idea.

I tried to join and they said they no longer accepting new entrants!

That always shows like that, no worries, if you have clicked on the join button you will get a confirmation email within the next 1-2 business days.

got in, thanks @ajojose33333344 

I think it's within 12 hours they accept your to-join request.

There's no way to add a table in forms but there are multiple choice grids that can be used in the event your questions are indeed multiple choice.

If your table requires data entry (such as in the case of a time sheet), then splitting into separate questions is the only current way to do this within Google Forms.

If you do this, I recommend putting the (several) related questions into their own section with a heading and description - this will make it easier for respondents to understand and complete.

That is how I currently do it, but I wished we could have a better way of doing it

Me too! If you post an idea in the feature ideas form (or search for an existing post and upvote it) please post the link here so I can upvote it as well.

@christiannewman here is the link to my idea: Add insert table feature 

Top Solution Authors