Automatic Mobile View Google Sites

Hi, I created a website for both of my businesses using Google Sites. The first site was completed using the classic version and the second site was completed using the New Sites. The classic site automatically switches over to mobile view, while the New Site cuts off the the design of the website while viewing using a mobile phone. During this day in time, we use mobile phones for everything and  I can't understand why this feature wasn't added in a newer version.  Is there an app that I may use to make my site compatible for cell phone usage?

1 4 4,782
4 REPLIES 4

@shantselle20345 new Google Sites is 100% mobile responsive automatically - if you feel that your site does not look correct on mobile then you may have designed it in an incompatible way, e.g. many people make the common mistake of trying to convey information through the page header background image - don't do this.  The header background image is purely for decoration and should not be used to convey vital information you need everyone to see: put this vital information as foreground content, not as part of the background image.

These instructions, with demonstration videos, may help:
Let us know if you need any further help.

Is there a way to design a separate site for mobile devices? I don't want to rely on Google's auto-formatting, and would like to be able to control how my website appears on mobile. Ideally I'd like to be able to have two independently editable versions of the site - one for desktop, and one for mobile.

Yes if you want a completely separate site at a different URL, but otherwise Google is doing it completely automatically.

No option to change font size on mobile is a non-responsive behaviour.
Also, the unavailability of hiding/showing modules depending on desktop/mobile is another stone in the shoe to create something minimally usable.
That the only "responsive" option is to switch from inline-block (or inline-flex) to block seems a rather poor strategy, considering the wide availability of options in other layout engines.

Top Solution Authors