Create a task for Google Cloud Directory sync

Can anyone create a windows task for the google cloud directory sync

0 3 81
3 REPLIES 3

So to create a task you just need to do this 
Open Task Scheduler. To open Task Scheduler, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Scheduled Tasks.
Double-click Add Task.

from there just make sure that you set name, description, how GCDS should be run, most of the time you have to be careful if the XML has read/write function to the user or admin that will run the task, then trigger. the time base approach for the run and actions, point to where you have your gcds execution file, the argument should be -a -c "filepath to XML" save it and let it run, if the run fails check why and it can vary from permissions to read the XML to permission to write to the folder. 

I created a task.  In the Program/Script I'm pointing it to "C:\program files\google cloud directory sync\config-manager.exe"

In the arguments I have -a -c "c:\program files\google cloud directory sync\config.xml"

I run the task and it just shows in the display running tasks that it is running and running and running but nothing ever completes.  Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks.

open the log file and look at the last line, that will let you know what seems to be wrong