Disable Unenroll from Google Classroom

It would be nice if there was a way to stop students from unenrolling from a Google Classroom once they have joined it.  I have students unenrolling and this stops our teachers from checking their assignments and completing grading at the end of the term.  Is there a way to stop students from having this ability or to re-enroll them from the backend?

Solved Solved
7 13 2,347
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

13 REPLIES 13

I agree with the idea... And if not at least, implement the Classroom audit log, which was previously mentioned, in the administration panel.

Yeah, we're all waiting for the Classroom Audit Log.

No, @cjohnert, there is no such restriction. Simple reason is to not force users to be members of something they don't want to. Still, when an admin (and not "teacher") is doing it, it could be considered obligatory, just like with groups it could have a flag/option that admin could set. Those who automate Classroom members will push the students back on next sync, so the student mischief is only temporary.

Yes, you can remove the Unenroll feature from the Classroom web app using chrome extensions. This will prevent students from unenrolling on their end. 

screenshot_2021-07-06_22-37-14-2.png

Please see Prevent Students From Unenrolling In Classroom.

Yeah, a Chrome extension built on CSS rules can hide buttons. There are
quite a few such extensions out there.

However, they can't do anything if the student uses a different browser, or
isn't signed into Chrome.

Can I unenroll myself from class even if the teacher has activated the block unenroll extension? 

Hi, Sarah.

If you are student, then no. If you are added as a teacher, then I assume yes.

The problem is that I am a teacher and just by accident, I joined another teacher's classroom and it would be such a shame if he discovered since we are not friends or anything . I am looking for the possible ways to unenroll myself from his class before he discovers ! If there is a way , I would be so grateful.  

Talk to your admin. They can remove you. 

I don't want him to know that I have joined his class , he is a teacher and I am a teacher too .I don't want him to think that I am spying on him that's why I am trying to get out by myself ๐Ÿ˜…

Well, if the Leave button is inactive, your only option is to contact the Google Admin. 

I figured it out , I did it ๐Ÿคฉ! 

I unenrolled myself from his class! 

How did you do this?

Top Solution Authors