Does Google Scan Workspace Drives for Mis- Dis- and Mal-information (MDM)?

I've been seeing articles around the internet lately that Google implemented new policies several months ago to scan users' Drives for files that violate mis- dis- and mal-information (MDM) and hate speech. Is that the case for Google Workspace accounts too, or are Workspace accounts exempt from scans like this? I'm asking not because I'm storing that for distributing it, but I do not feel comfortable with Google scanning my proprietary business information even if they're doing so to scan for those types of files.

1 2 464
2 REPLIES 2

Recommended reading: Google's Security and Trust Whitepaper details everything they do to ensure integrity, security and trust of your data. 

Thank you for sharing that with me! I read it from beginning to end. It seems that Google treats Workspace customers’ data differently than a customer with a @gmail account. Is that correct? Do you happen to know how Google treats Google One customers’ data since they pay for their service? I really love Google’s services and would prefer not to go to another provider (like Microsoft 365) for my businesses, but I need to ensure that I won’t lose access to my data if one of my users has a document with data that might be categorized or considered to be MDM-related.

Top Solution Authors