Email in iOS mail is indexed backwards after a migration.

Hi all, 

2 weeks ago I migrated a clients inbox from a standard IMAP server to a Google Workspace environment. I have done this a 100 times but the next issue is new for me.  

The clients inbox is about 9GB and dates back from 2016 so the migration took a lot of time. After a succesful migration, the client sets up her mailbox in the default iOS mail app. I can imagine that indexing this voor iOS can take a while, but it's going on now for over 2 weeks and still isn't finished. The weirdest thing is that it begun with showing mails from 2018 and very slowly showing more recent emails. Yesterday she showed me a printscreen that it's now at 2022. First I thought it would some glitch on her iPhone, but after replicating it on my own iPhone, I got the same issue. When viewing the archive label on the ios mail app, everything looks great, so only the incoming folder is messed up.

I suggested some options like using the Gmail app instead, because this is showing the mail correctly, but she wanted the ios mail app for work and the Gmail app for private mail. 

Anyone familiar with this issue and knows how to solve it? I'm out of ideas....

IMG_0566.jpg

0 0 66
0 REPLIES 0