External warning

External banner or label required in a subject line [EXTERNAL]while receiving and also it will display everytime when sending mails from external domain

2 7 612
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @CWSL2 ,

Hope you're doing well, I assume that you're requesting for help to set External tag on each Inbound Outbound message. In order to achieve that, you can set from

• Google Admin Console > Apps > Google Workspace > Settings for Gmail > Default routing

Click Configure and after setting some other options you can see Prepend custom subject

Add custom text to the beginning of the subject line for specified messages. For example, enter Confidential for sensitive messages. If a message with the subject Monthly report is affected by this setting, the subject line is updated to: [Confidential] Monthly report.

Regards

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had tested the same through content compliance,it is working fine when
new mail arrives.
If the mail thread goes on then [External] gets added in every conversation.
For eg: [External] Re:[External] like this.
I just want to remove repeated tags and keep the tag once.

Thanks
Kanchan C

--
The contents of this E-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and
intended for
the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended
recipient of this E-mail,
kindly delete the E-mail immediately and take
pains to inform the sender.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this
E-mail without the prior written consent
of the author of this E-mail is
strictly prohibited. Before opening any E-mail
and attachments please check
them for viruses and defects. The internet cannot
guarantee the integrity
of this E-mail. National Insurance Company Limited
shall not therefore be
liable for the contents of this E-mail, if modified. Visit us at
[https][://]nationalinsurance[.]nic[.]co[.]in

Dear Sir,

I had tried it and it is working. The question is when this conversation will continue the "confidential" will get added in every reply on the subject line. That I want to keep a single " confidential" word on subject line.

Thanks

KanchanC

You can turn this off using this article - https://support.google.com/a/answer/7380041

1. In the Admin console, go to Menu 

Apps

Google Workspace

Gmail

End User Access.
  2. To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
  3. Scroll to and click Warn for external recipients
  4. Check or uncheck the box to turn warnings on or off.
  5. Click Save. If you configured a child organizational unit, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit's settings.

Changes can take up to 24 hours but typically happen more quickly.

dear Sir,

The mentioned solution  I am aware of it. But my requirement is to put [EXTERNAL] label on subject line when received. If the conversation is continued then there will be 1 EXTERNAL written on the subject line.

Thanks

KanchanC

This will be possible with emails but for Drive files it is not, even with Trust rules. This is a feature idea. 

I had done it through Compliance rules.