G Suite Legacy Free -- Users' Access Being Blocked

I've not signed up for Google Workspace [or whatever it's called this week] but continued to use the legacy free edition of Gsuite on my custom domain, I migrated my email, contacts, calendar away from Gmail, back when they first announced this car crash of a transition. So I only really use the account for Drive & Photos back upon my Android phone.

All OK for me. But I have set up 3 family members with accounts on the domain too  [similar scenario: email, contacts, calendar elsewhere, Gsuite account only needed for Photos and Drive] and these other accounts have suddenly started having messages about having to upgrade / provide billing info, whenever they try to sync photos from their phones.

I'm confused. The Admin > Billing > Subscription link in my dashboard shows my legacy account details as follows:

SS 2022-09-19 at 17.07.08.pngSo, if I'm allowed 95 users on my G Suite Legacy account and only have 5 set up, why is everyone's access being blocked, except mine?

I've tried following the link to confirm that I  only use my G Suite Legacy account for personal & family use. But when I click the button to choose "I used my account for personal use"  and the subsequent 'CONFIRM MY ACCOUNT FOR PERSONAL USE' button I get the following error:

SS 2022-09-19 at 17.11.56.png

Given there's no going back to the Legacy free edition once you've upgraded and, given also that Google decides whether  or not you "might be eligible for a no-cost subscription" I'm loathe to burn my bridges in this way by 'upgrading'  my Legacy free account to a 'maybe free maybe not free, depending on some Google bot's decision' account. So, is there a way to 

A: convert the 5 user accounts on my domain to personal accounts?

or

B: stop the other user accounts from having their data held to ransom unless they upgrade?

0 0 175
0 REPLIES 0
Top Solution Authors