Google Calendar invite does not work in Outlook

I send out a quarterly Google Calendar invite to a group of people.  There is one person in that group who receives their invitation email, accepts the invitation, but then it doesn't populate their Google Calendar.  And I can never see that they "accepted" the invitation on my end. This has been happening for over a year.  Finally, today when she was querying about when/what time the next meeting is to be held (today), I asked her what email handling software she is using and she said "Outlook". 

This lead me to search the net to see if Outlook is not playing nice with Google Calendars and apparently it does not!  Can someone help me out with some simple instructions that I can send to her that will initiate an effective handshake between Outlook and Google Calendar; so that she is able to receive/accept/populate the invitation for her calendar?  Ty so much!  Shawna

Solved Solved
2 2 481
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are correct that Google Calendar and Outlook don't play nicely together. By far the best experience to be had with Google Calendar is by going to calendar.google.com or using the official iOS/Android apps. 

If this user is insistent on using Outlook, Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO) may help improve things some--see https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/171710?hl=en for the details.

Hope that helps,

Ian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You are correct that Google Calendar and Outlook don't play nicely together. By far the best experience to be had with Google Calendar is by going to calendar.google.com or using the official iOS/Android apps. 

If this user is insistent on using Outlook, Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO) may help improve things some--see https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/171710?hl=en for the details.

Hope that helps,

Ian

Tx Ian.  I think you are probably aware of the general militant nature of Outlook users who refuse to give up their tool lol  However, I will forward the link to her and see if she's able to get better results for syncing.  S