Google Workspace Business Starter 140 user limit for no license

Hi, we have Google Workspace Business Starter package. We are able to add more licenses as needed. We also make use of adding gmail users that have no gmail license assigned. These can be used for authentication purposes other than gmail. It allows a login to just google with no email. 

When I try to add 1 more user it says I have 140 users and can't add more. My understanding is that these were unlimited. Is anyone else seeing this or know how/where that limit is getting hit? We have 90 owned gmail licenses now with 2 available. But I must remove a user to get below 140 before I can add and assign a gmail license. 

Thanks 

Solved Solved
0 10 416
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@thanson Awesome! Would it be too much trouble to mark my suggestion as the solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@thanson The max for all the business skus including starter is 300.  Are you on a flex (month to month) or annual plan? -KAM

I'd suggest a Cloud Identity license for those just needing identity, the are free

Max for business editions is 300 licenses. Sounds like you're trying to add Cloud Identity Free licenses. Learn more and request an increase: Your Cloud Identity license cap

This seems to be the answer. I was able to submit a request for more licenses, got a reaponse that they will review it. Will see if it comes through. 

Thanks to all so far. 

@thanson Awesome! Would it be too much trouble to mark my suggestion as the solution? 🙂

i would like to give it a day and verify they are available, just to be sure. 

I will be adding accounts tomorrow 

I went back after requesting 300 licenses of the free accounts, from the link above, and still getting this error several days later. gmail-license1.png

Perhaps your Google Cloud Partner has assigned a 140 limit? Ask them.

I was able to get a response from the license request, to a support email. My limit was raised for Cloud Identity to 250. 

Thanks for all the support 

Amazing! Glad you got this figured out.