Google Workspace / Office 365 Federation

Hi

We are a google workspace company however a few users in the business use Office applications such as outlook / word / etc

I would like to set up so when a user logs into their microsoft portal they have to use their google workspace credentials.

I have seen the articles online but they seem to always want to change DNS settings so e mails flow through to microsoft.

I would like to keep all e mails / docs in google as microsoft accounts are only given to selec users.

Can this be done and is it just a matter of going through the steps ( minus the DNS changes)

Thanks

Hiten

0 3 600
3 REPLIES 3

Check out this post.  It walks you through the set up.  The article is a little older but the process is still the same the UI might just be a little different.  Goldy is awesome, he's a Googler I used to work with, super knowledgeable and lots or great articles. 

We are set up just like you are looking for.   Email to Google and access to Microsoft is done through Google.  Configured by following Goldy's article.

Thank you!

For anyone who has completed the federation between Workspace and Microsoft, can you answer this question for me.  I understand the federation will work for sign in to Office 365 via web, but will users also be able to use their Workspace account for sign in to Microsoft desktop applications or OneDrive application?  I'm assuming the outcome is the same but wanted to make sure we will not have any issues once we complete this. 

Top Solution Authors