How do you sort contacts by date added?

10pwr

Hello, 
How do you sort contacts by date added?
I am trying to pull contacts from 2023 into my database to send out an end of year email through Mailchimp. When I download all of my email contacts from the Contacts section of Workspace there is no date or sequential attribute by which I can sort them by most recently added.  I can see from other message boards that this is a feature many people are asking for and are surprised and disappointed that google does not provide. I have used 3rd party apps in the past to hack a solution but they are no longer working. Please let me know if there is a solution. 
Thanks,
10pwr 

1 1 2,881
1 REPLY 1

Hi @10pwr ,

Hope you're doing well! There is a workaround that you may be use or could be helpful. 

You can ask the administrator of your organization to use GAM to pull the contacts list for you which have been "Update" during 2023, maybe is not the best solution, but at least I'm thinking that if you have a contact which was modified on 2023, means that is from that date the contact was created (not all of them

If you are not familiarized with GAM, please take a look at this site: 

To get familiarized on the User Contacts management for GAM, you can check THIS ARTICLE

Once your Administrator have GAM configured for the organization, can run:

• gam user "YOUR_EMAIL@company.com" show contacts fields name,updated

The parameter that will show the screen is updateTime

Regards