I can't add guests to my booked Appointment Schedule events

I'm setting up our people in the field (Mobile Trainers) with Appointment Schedules so our Sales Reps can request mobile trainings.  Initial testing shows the Sales Rep that requests a training (books the appointment) is the organizer.  That will not allow our Mobile Trainers to add guests (ie. Assistant Mobile Trainer, or other relevant parties) on their own calendar event created from the scheduler.  Is there, or should there be a setting to decide who, if not both, will be the Organizer or have the ability to add guests?

Solved Solved
0 4 978
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As of today, Appointment Schedules support 1:1 appointments, there is currently no setting to have multiple organizers or multiple guests.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

As of today, Appointment Schedules support 1:1 appointments, there is currently no setting to have multiple organizers or multiple guests.

I was afraid that was the case.  I assume there is no way to stop it from automatically accepting the appointment and setting the Status as 'Yes'/'Confirmed'?  The calendar results are not playing nice with AppSheet at all.  I appreciate your response and time Kevin.

You cannot intercept the response, you can have scripts running in the background that can change the value but this would require the dev resources to put that together. 

I'm not sure to what extent you are using AppSheet for this, but would it be possible to consider doing the appointments through that instead? an example template can be fond here
and if needed, you can publish your app as a public application or embed it via iFrame. 

Not sure if I'm way off base here if you're trying to do something complete different, bit this would at least remove the current limitation of trying to use Appointment Schedules for this

I have been playing with trying to set an initial value for Status in AppSheet, but it doesn't seems to be working as of yet.  Essentially I was going to have the app just for our Trainers, scrape their calendars for the meeting title and views based on 'Requests'  vs 'Confirmed'.  I might have to rethink my logic on the process.  Using the built in Appointment Scheduler in Google would have been nice, but like you said, I might have to build a separate app or view for the Sales Rep to schedule and see open.  I do appreciate your help!