Impossible to delete google workplace account because of "google cloud project"

Hi, I can't delete my google workplace account because of google cloud that i never used..  If someone can help me it will be nice

RAM2311_0-1681740752823.png

0 12 723
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @RAM2311 ! Thank you for reaching out here. I am sorry to hear you are running into that problem. See this article: "Can't Delete Google Account Due to "Active GCP Projects..."  That may have a solution for you. If not, let me know! 

Hi, it did not work.
Is there a possibility that Google remove my account by himself? This problem is causing a lot of problem to my new workplace (not with google). And I did lose a lot of time (and money) to try to remove this. 

Hi @RAM2311 ! If those solutions didn't work from the article, I'd recommend reaching out directly to Support. They can help troubleshoot further. 

Still not working, trying to reach them for the past hours. I have basic feature (i even don't know what is google cloud) so the technical support is only working for those who paid. 

So the absurdity is to pay Google cloud premium to get in touch with the technical support in order to remove my "project" in google cloud and finally close my google workplace account. 
Now I understand why most of the company prefer working with Microsoft instead.. 

@RAM2311 Just a doubt, are you having any cloud identity free subscription by any chance?

@KarisaE been seeing this a lot nowadays even my test account is stuck in the same issue.

@ajojose33333344 I don't know what is this? 

@RAM2311 Ok, no worries just asked to figure out,if we have anything in common👍

Hi @ajojose33333344 and @RAM2311 , thank you for the follow-up here. Let me check in with our internal teams on next steps to trouble-shoot this issue. If there is any additional context you'd like to share for your situations specifically, please direct message me. 

Hi @ajojose33333344  and @RAM2311  , thank you for your patience. I checked on best next steps with our internal teams and it sounds like, given the context, each case would best be resolved through our Billing Support. Start by filing a support case (https://cloud.google.com/support-hub ) and follow the instructions from there. Thank you!

@KarisaE This doesn't help, in order to contact the GCP support we will have to configure the GCP account and then choose some service package etc etc ... this is really tough and non working.....See this is one thing why i hate the google workspace....the exit process is simply complicated....this new account i created a few days ago and i simply used it for referring to some topic and i haven't configured anything rather than just going through the settings/options...now i can't delete it...earlier it was ok,but now my billing info is also available on it.

Hi @ajojose33333344 , my apologies for the delay. I am in a new role and am just seeing this. Are you still having this issue?

Hi @RAM2311,

Are you the only administrator of the Workspace? If so, are trying to delete the user account of the entire workspace?

If you click on that link, doesn't give you the list of active projects you can delete?

Deodato_0-1683020901283.png

Seams someone here had the same problem and manage it out:
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Workspace-Q-A/Can-t-delete-Google-Workspace-account/m-p/4354...

Top Solution Authors