In search of a super admin to mentor me setting up our infrastructure

FOFH

We are a small all volunteer nonprofit in need of assistance to utilize workspace to its fullest potential. Please reach out if you can assist with questions on OU vs Groups and best practices for managing users. Thank you in advance. @linkstomembers

1 REPLY 1

I donโ€™t have the bandwidth to offer to be a mentor, but a couple of tips:

• Donโ€™t use OUs when you can use groups to manage feature enablements (there are still some features that require OUs, and youโ€™ll want to reserve using OUs for those because each person can only be in a single OU)
  • Use Shared Drives, not My Drive to store anything that needs to stick around beyond the tenure of any one person in the organization.
  • Get into the practice of deleting user accounts as the associated people leave the organization. At first itโ€™ll seem appealing to keep them around, but thatโ€™s a recipe for long term pain.
  • Learn how to use the free, open source, command-line, indispensable GAM tool. Check out: for more details.
  • Check out the document I and a few colleges wrote a bit ago about stuff new Higher Education Workspace administrators should knowโ€”much of it might be relevant to you too: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gaPMrRT6tRnlTu3bqjiVFjyj9qUoKLNq1caOIPS1Lug/edit

Hope that helps,

Ian