Is there a way to create a task from a chat message in Google Spaces?

From this link it seems like you should be able to, but I don't see any information about it here, and I don't see any way to create a task from a chat message in my own Google Spaces

0 6 492
6 REPLIES 6

Just tested this out and it looks like the task needs to be created in the task tab (ie not the 'chat tab') however anyone who sees the task in the Space can click on it and they have the 'view in chat' button available as well. So the second article is correct and so is the second article you posted. The first one is dealing with the Google Chat message feature in Tasks tab that allows you to go back to that specific tab in the Space (it's not dealing with how to create a task or assign a task). The second article is dealing with how to create a Task in the Task tab. 

So it allows you to go back to the general Chat tab, but not to a specific chat message?

It goes back to the specific message and it even like highlights the specific task for you. I just tested it out. Screenshot for you of what happens when you click on the 'view in chat' button.

Penelope_0-1644610357408.png

Oh I see, thanks! I was hoping I could tie a task to an existing chat message in a thread.

You are welcome! I am not aware of that but if I do come across anything, I can certainly let you know.

Thank you so much!