Mobile device blocked and not sure why

I have a user that all of the sudden cannot access workspace from their mobile device.  It says:  "Looks like your device isn't updated with the latest security policies. please try again later."

Her phone is up to date, her device policy app is up to date, she has tried a manual syc, and we do not enforce any policies besides screen lock enabled and device must be approved.  Her device was approved and has screen lock.

What a I cannot determine is why. In the device log events nothing is there. In CAA logs nothing is there. 

Is there a way to determine what the security policy they are not meeting is? 

0 3 1,178
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, is it an Android device that's running the deprecated Agent (Google Device Policy app)? Please see this announcement for details: https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2020/10/google-apps-device-policy-upgrade-android.html.html

If this is the case, your user should remove the account and add it back. If it is a fully managed device, the device requires factory reset. Otherwise your user can remove the account and add it back and will have a Work Profile created with the new agent (Android device policy app).

It's an iOS device

Thanks! Did you check the audit logs on the Admin console?  Can you send me a screenshot of the error and account name on the device? My email is (PII removed by staff).

Top Solution Authors