Recall Mail

Dear Team ,

Being a Administrator we should have the Email call back option.

Like one of my domain user send one mail to group id which not suppose to send.

both sender and recipient id's are internal and being admin there is no option available to call back that mail.

Request you to please help to get that option.  

0 11 1,517
11 REPLIES 11

You might want to post this to the Feature Ideas section here. Doing so will allow it to be upvoted by others and possibly considered as a future feature enhancement.

If you do not already have access, you need to request it first. See https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/custom/page/page-id/Workspace-Feature-Ideas-FAQ for how to do that.

Once you have access, go to https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/gh-p/workspace-ideas-group . There, you can upvote and comment on any similar idea, or post a new idea.

If you are submitting a feature idea, be sure to explain the problem that you're trying to solve with the feature idea, not just the idea itself. For example, saying "when my users are trying to do 'A', they often get confused by the fact that the buttons to do 'X' and to do 'Y' look quite similar to each other, which leads to this unintended consequence" is far more likely to get fixed than a feature idea that just says "change the color of the button 'Y'".

Cheers,

Ian

That would not be easy to do, given how email actually works.  It would be better to simply train your user community, and inform them of the organization's email and group policies.

An option you should make your user community aware of is the Undo send feature available via their email settings. This is actually a send delay and will not recall the message once it is beyond the delay setting chosen. This feature has saved me a few time when I clicked send and then realised I sent to the wrong person. The maximum you can set the delay for is 30 seconds.

Screenshot 2022-07-15 12.51.08.png

You should also review your group settings, you can set it so that only Owners, or only Managers can post to the group. This will ensure that group members do not accidentally send to the whole group if that is your intention.

Thanks for the Reply,being an admin console we are having all the suggested
options and we know that and all we are using on a daily basis.

But the scenario in which the user sends mail to group id and after some
time he realizes that the mail should not reach all the people in the
organization because there is some confidential data which actually should
be known by everyone.

So being admin we should have the feasibility to recall that mail from the
admin panel.

Because sender and receiver all are internal domain members.

*Thanks*
*Randhir Thakre*

You would be able to do that via the Security investigation tool in the Admin panel, however you would need to be on the Enterprise SKU to have access to this.

@Thakre11 Have you looked at using GAM to do this?  I know people have used it to traverse accounts and delete a specific email though and GAM was invented at my $dayjob by Jay lee who is now a Googler.  GAM is the Swiss Army tool every Google Workspace admin should know and love.  It's free and open source and the fork by Ross is my favorite especially because of the work he's done on the install.

More info here: https://www.ditoweb.com/2021/03/using-open-source-google-apps-manager-to-administer-google-workspace...

Hi ,

I did sent an email to multiple users and also the 30 seconds timer was also gone. 

So wanted an feature like to recall an mail which was sent to the users.

Regards,

Yash

If the recipients are within your Workspace instance, you can do this with the free, open source, command-line, indispensable GAM tool. Check out:

for more details.

Specifically, see the thread at https://groups.google.com/g/google-apps-manager/c/LJKLWP2knNk

Hope that helps,

Ian

@icrew So in other words, even without having an enterprise plan you can remove emails from the internal recipient mailboxes, right?

Yes.

@icrew i am stealing your template๐Ÿ˜