Shared folder with a group not updating with new user

Hi, 

I have a structure of shared drive shared not with users but with group "teachers". All existing users on the group "teachers" before sharing for the first time can view and access to the shared folders.

The problem comes when I add a new user to the group. This user cannot see the shared folder even he belongs to the "teachers" group that has access.

How can I refresh? update? or solve this?

Thanks in advance!

1 4 1,191
4 REPLIES 4

@Ramon_Lozano Wow, that's odd. I think if you have double checked things.  According to https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/167101?hl=en:

"If you add members later

Members you add to the group later can immediately access previously shared content via file URLs. However, previously shared content doesnโ€™t automatically appear in new membersโ€™ Shared with Me view in Google Drive. For files to appear in Shared with Me, you need to reshare them with the group, or share the files with new members individually."

So if it's not working, you might have a bug and need to open a support ticket, -KAM

Thanks for your reply.
Actually I've sent an email to the new users with the link of the shared
drive, so they will open it and from that moment everything will be ok.
thanks again

I have exactly the same problem also using a "teachers" group.  Is there any updated solution??

@KAM  โ€˜s post above is still current. The bug has been there for the entire history of Google My Drive, and probably wonโ€™t ever be fixed. 

Shared Drives donโ€™t have the same issue, and are a much better solution for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that data in a shared drive isnโ€™t deleted when you delete the account of the person who created it (as happens with folders and files in My Drive).

Hope that helps,

Ian

Top Solution Authors