Tuesday Tip #4: 5 Meeting Blueprints for Hybrid Work Success

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

gws-tuesday-tip-052422.png

Virtual meetings were the glue that held many remote teams together during the pandemic. As businesses and employees make the shift to hybrid, they need to ensure that every meeting connects all the participants into a single immersive experience with collaboration equity for all.

Based on our own experience at Google, and the experiences of our customers, weโ€™ve optimized five common meeting types for a hybrid work world. 

1. Relationship building: Ideal for small groups or one-on-ones, relationship building meetings are a great way to connect around shared work or personal updates and interests. Use them to stay connected with colleagues and customers, or to get to know a new team member, or for team-building events. See the meeting blueprint on page 9.
  2. Working session: Working sessions are typically best with small-group collaborations โ€” often for the purpose of discussing a document. This can be done by sharing and editing content in a meeting or by joining a meeting directly from within Docs or Sheets. See the meeting blueprint on page 10.
  3. Review: When the main objective is to present content and facilitate discussions, review sessions are recommended. This setup works well for presenting documents, slides, spreadsheets, and other forms of content for small to mid-sized groups.  See the meeting blueprint on page 11.
  4. Brainstorm: Brainstorms are all about creative collaboration. When real-time idea generation and problem solving are on the agenda, follow this type of meeting setup to make the most of everyoneโ€™s time. See the meeting blueprint on page 12.
  5. All hands: When sharing information with a large group of people, an all hands meeting is the way to go. Itโ€™s ideal for bringing larger teams together to share information and create alignment. See the meeting blueprint on page 13.

Which meeting type is most common for you? Are there other types of meetings you participate in that arenโ€™t listed here? Let us know in the comments!

P.S. Thereโ€™s still time to share your workspace! Take a photo of your workspace and add it to the comments below for a chance to be featured in our next Community Monthly Roundup ๐Ÿ™‚

1 1 229
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Lauren_vdv ! Thank you so much for sharing these five types of meetings along with resources for collaboration equity. I also really like this article, "How to Make Hybrid Meetings More Inclusive."

I will definitely share a picture of my workspace - I must say, it is currently pretty simple as we just moved and it's been a slow process unpacking ๐Ÿ˜„ However, would still love to share mine. I am currently hybrid, but as you can see this is where I work when I am working from home! Would love to hear from others - are you hybrid, fully in the office or fully remote? What does your workspace look like? 

Karisa Hybrid Workspace.jpg