Why Tasks is so underdeveloped?

Tasks seem like such a good tool for managing day-to-day work in unison with email, however, it feels like it's missing core features related to task management.

First, it doesn't have its own interface. I know I can access tasks from Calendar, Gmail, and every other document app, however, there is no way for me to see a separate interface with all of my tasks on a single screen. This could be potentially very useful when sorting through tasks and categorizing them.

Second, and this may come off as a surprise for some people, there is no search in Google tasks. It's just not there. There is no way for me to search for a specific task by, say, a client name. If I have more than 30 it gets very difficult to manage them in a sidebar limited in height and with no search to help.

The fact that you can assign an email thread to a task cannot be undervalued. This is an incredibly useful feature, which makes it possible to pick Google tasks over any other task manager, just for the sheer convenience of that easy link. Sadly, that link is becoming close to useless just because I am not able to manage all those tasks properly without an interface and search.

I personally feel that Tasks has the potential for being the most convenient task manager and I am struggling to understand why those crucial features are missing from it. Might be that someone here can help me understand this.

7 4 1,376
4 REPLIES 4

You have Tasks, Keep & Calendar (Reminders) + Gmail Snooze... which have similar features... For a while it felt like Google  serious about Tasks, but due to the lack of individual page unlike keep.google com & calendar.google com, Tasks does not feel serious. Strange enough it has a mobile app but doesn't have a web progressive app. Reminds me of the Inbox app.

assistant.google.com/tasks 

It's not great, but it is a webpage access to Google Tasks.

I agree that this is very frustrating . I hope someone at Google sees this and get serious into making the development of the tasks app as a priority 

Totally agree. Google Tasks needs to be updated and features added. IT should have better syncing between; calendars, gmail, and SPACEs/ Chats. Having the ability to see a dedicated web page like @rahul_swamy said would be great to see a task board or multiple task lists and rearrange and organize tasks like that would be very useful. Even being able to set up automated tasks, have reminders, multiple people assigned to tasks, more project management features. I wasn't sure where to request these features I have submitted a tone to the product feedback in Gmail, Calendar and the Tasks App with no prevail. So im just gonna start commenting on any forums I can so they can improve these features! I don't want to have to pay for a separate subscription to; Trello or asana for this I wish it would all just be synced in Google Workspace for tasks.