"Your organization exceeded its 0 bytes of Google Workspace storage"

I am sole user for Workspace Starter w/ 30Gb storage. Currently have 14.27 Gb used and now getting alerts that I need to free up space.  Biggest issue is that I cannot get into my Gmail? 

Very confused and at a loss as to what happened and how to regain access to my Gmail?

Ngrillz_0-1713983641825.png

Ngrillz_1-1713983681500.png

Solved Solved
0 3 137
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You might want to use the following steps to make sure when setting up the account you didn't limit storage for your profile.

1. Sign in to your Google Admin console.
2. In the Admin console, go to Menu.
3. In the Storage settings section, click Manage.
4. Click User storage limit.
5. At the left, click the entity you want to apply a storage limit to:
6. Select On and set the amount of storage.
7. Click Save.

In the meantime according to the screenshot your Google Photos are eating up the Google Drive storage. 

In the meantime to quickly free up some space I would empty the Google Drive, Gmail and Google Photos Trash Bins. You may also delete the contents of the SPAM folder in Gmail followed by emptying the trash bin.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You might want to use the following steps to make sure when setting up the account you didn't limit storage for your profile.

1. Sign in to your Google Admin console.
2. In the Admin console, go to Menu.
3. In the Storage settings section, click Manage.
4. Click User storage limit.
5. At the left, click the entity you want to apply a storage limit to:
6. Select On and set the amount of storage.
7. Click Save.

In the meantime according to the screenshot your Google Photos are eating up the Google Drive storage. 

In the meantime to quickly free up some space I would empty the Google Drive, Gmail and Google Photos Trash Bins. You may also delete the contents of the SPAM folder in Gmail followed by emptying the trash bin.

my apologies. this response did NOT solve the issue. Storage limit is set to 30gb. I am down to 12.5Gb but it still say I have  "exceeded my 0 bytes of Workspace storage". 

How can I have 0 bytes of storage if I am clearly subscribed to and paying monthly for Workspace Starter (Advertised as 30gb limit)

You should go into the license space, check if the license is still active and if the payment option is OK, this could be a billing related issue