"annotate" in Google meet?

Hello!
Iยดm looking for a tool that allows me to draw/write freehand on top of my shared screen in GoogleMeet. Just to be clear, I donยดt mean the whiteboard or Jamboard, but a pen I can use to write with on top of presentations (in presentation mode) and/or whatever I show in my shared screen. 
Any suggestions?

4 8 12.9K
8 REPLIES 8

@SaraDK There are no direct options so you can use Chrome extensions like this to meet the requirement:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/annotate-web-annotations/gdojjgflncpbcfmenbkndfhoamlhajmf

While it's not ideal, you can use Jamboard to display slides and of course annotate live in the presentation.

Google Slides (indeed Drive / Docs content) can be inserted to a Jam file via the Jamboard app (not the web app at this time).  Once the Slides are inserted, individual slides can be broken out, many to a frame (page) or one to each frame (page), with a max of 20 frames (pages) for a Jam file.

As I say, it's not ideal and it's a bit cumbersome, but it can work to display the slides content with your live annotations.

Would this work if you want to annotate while someone else is presenting?

Great news, it's happening on April 25th!!

1000071706.png

โ€ƒ

Awesome! It's only missing an option to allow any participant to annotate. Currently, the host has to manually allow each participant

it's still not showing on my account. do I have to sign up for beta or something?

Google Workspace always does gradual rollouts, see the release announcement  for details :

Rollout pace

๐Ÿ˜ yet again ... it's not available to nonprofit domains.