scheduler buffers

I'm using google calendar scheduler. I have 4 appointment types and they are for different time lengths. They each have a 30 minute buffer but the buffer is only working for appointments of the same time length, not the other types - they are getting booked right up against each other.

I can see that the availability is showing in rigid time block options. These don't change based on what is already booked on the calendar but rather always remain the same options. 60 minute slots are always available at 10, 11:30, 1, etc. So, if a 75 minute slot fills the first 10am spot, the 45 minute option still shows the 11:15am option as available, even though the booked option needs 30 minutes of space, and the next available time really shouldn't be until 11:45. 

On the flip side, big gaps are left available in places as well since the available appointment times don't dynamically adjust. If a 45 min appointment books at 10, and then someone wants a 75 minute appointment they only see the next option as 11:45 since that's the "2nd slot" regardless of my calendar being available at 11:15. It's just not efficient. 

I've been told this is being worked on and I hope soon bc I help folks structure their individual service businesses and I've been so excited to suggest Google as a total solution but even with temporary work-arounds, I can't recommend to clients until that is fully functioning. Please and thank you!

1 0 75
0 REPLIES 0
Top Solution Authors