How to configure search-widget to limit number of search result on Vertex AI Search

Hi,

How can I limit the number of result on search page without coding.I implemented search for structured data on Vertex AI Search and Conversation. 

I try searching on preview and get search result  as picture below.   The number of search result is  202. But I want to limit how many no. search result were return  to 10 items. 

I try to find out the approach on configuration menu according to  Configure results for the search widget  document. but I have not seen how to change the number of search result to be returned.

pongthorn_2-1706282796048.png

Additionally ,I try to ask Gemini-Pro , I don't see  menu as the answer  below.

To limit the number of results returned on your search page without coding, follow these steps:

1. Open the Search Widget Configuration page in the Vertex AI console.
  2. Select the search widget you want to modify.
  3. Click the "Edit" button.
  4. In the "Configuration" tab, scroll down to the "Search Results" section.
  5. In the "Max results per page" field, enter the desired number of results to be returned.
  6. Click the "Save" button.

Solved Solved
1 1 362
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems like there might be a misunderstanding or a specific feature might be missing in the current configuration options. Since the information provided is limited, I recommend reaching out to Google Cloud Support or checking the official documentation for the Vertex AI Search and Conversation service to see if there are any updates or additional steps that need to be followed.

If you cannot find a specific option to limit the number of search results per page in the configuration menu, it's possible that this feature might not be available in the current version or that there might be another way to achieve the desired result.

You can also check for any release notes or updates related to Vertex AI Search and Conversation to see if there have been any changes or additions to the configuration options since the last documentation update.

If you're not able to find a solution through the official channels, you may need to consider reaching out to the support community or forums for Vertex AI or similar platforms to see if other users have encountered a similar issue or have found a workaround.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

It seems like there might be a misunderstanding or a specific feature might be missing in the current configuration options. Since the information provided is limited, I recommend reaching out to Google Cloud Support or checking the official documentation for the Vertex AI Search and Conversation service to see if there are any updates or additional steps that need to be followed.

If you cannot find a specific option to limit the number of search results per page in the configuration menu, it's possible that this feature might not be available in the current version or that there might be another way to achieve the desired result.

You can also check for any release notes or updates related to Vertex AI Search and Conversation to see if there have been any changes or additions to the configuration options since the last documentation update.

If you're not able to find a solution through the official channels, you may need to consider reaching out to the support community or forums for Vertex AI or similar platforms to see if other users have encountered a similar issue or have found a workaround.