Use firestore collections to answer questions in Vertex AI Search and Conversation

Hi! 

I'm new to GCP and actually struggling with something for days now : I want to create a chatbot that answers questions about events such as "what are the events on this week-end?", "what events are free?", "I like cinema, what can I do tomorrow?" etc. 
So, I've created a firestore collection in which I have all the informations about events like "start", "end", "price", "city", ... all I need to know! 

My problem is : I don't know how to make the link between my firestore collection and my agent in vertex AI search and conversation. For now, I've tried to export my firestore collection to bigQuery and use it as a FAQ datastore but that doesn't work. I've already read this topic : https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AI-ML/In-vertex-AI-conversation-BigQuery-in-datastore-is-not... and maybe what I'm trying to do is not possible or I'm doing it the wrong way? 

Thanks in advance!

0 3 178
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @LikeADemonicMin ,

There are various ways to create a virtual agent to provide you with responses based on the various data sources that are available for search and conversation Vertex AI
You can attach the Structured Data Store with BigQuery data to construct a chat application if you have data in Bigquery.
You can build a chat app with unstructured data stores attached if you have data in PDF, HTML, or TXT formats. In fact, you can utilize your website as the data source for an app.

In your case, you need to make a structured datastore with a Bigquery data as a source

Let me know if you have any doubt
Best

Piyush Garg

Thank you for your answer @piyush_garg !

I've tried to export my firestore collection to Bigquery and to add it as a FAQ source (it's the only way I found to use a Bigquery as datastore) but it didn't work.
I could maybe use intents and cloud functions to link Dialogflow CX and Firestore? Knowing that I still need my bot to use datastores (for websites and unstructured documents). 
For example, if I say : "I'd like to go to an event on tomorrow night and I love cinema", it should find which events in Firestore match my request and give me an answer about them. But in the other hand, it also should answer questions about PDF documents and website...

Thanks for your time and answers!

hey @LikeADemonicMin now you can directly export your firestore collection to the datastore please check....

Thanks 

Piyush Garg