โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‹โ€Œ Meet Joseph Seddik: AppSheet Community Member Spotlight

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

One of our favorite things to do is shine the spotlight on some of our most active Community members. One such member is @Joseph_Seddik!   

Read on to learn more about Joseph, including why he contributes to the Community, one of his latest AppSheet creations, and several pieces of valuable advice for app creators. 

Have additional questions for Joseph? Add a comment on this post!
joseph-seddik-member-spotlight.png

1. Where do you reside in the world?

I live in Madrid, Spain.

2. What is your job and how does it tie into AppSheet?

I work as an IT infrastructure consultant for SMEs. I help my customers on the choice and deployment of IT & Network HW and SW both on premises and in the cloud. My customers, especially following the pandemic, have been increasingly asking me about ERP solutions that offer greater mobility features, and can also be highly customizable to the particular needs of their businesses. I used to help them choose among the available ready-made SaaS products, but I myself grew frustrated with them; they were either too much or cost too much, and the biggest source of my frustration was the fact that you always had to adapt business processes to varying degrees in order to use such products.

My philosophy and firm belief is that business IT tools should adapt to and accommodate for existing business processes not the opposite. Tools should be an enabler to existing flows and processes, not a constraint. Thus, I moved into developing tailor-made tools for my customers, and I have found the perfect platform for it: AppSheet! We are all happy ๐Ÿ™‚

3. What is your experience with the Community?

I joined the community on Christmas Eve, so I guess it has been a Christmas gift for me ๐Ÿ™‚ Iโ€™m amazed by the personal qualities of members and the eagerness of prominent members to help and guide newcomers. I would like to personally thank everyone of them for the dedication they are showing. This community is one of the pillars of AppSheet.

4. What do you get out of the Community? What compels you to contribute?

The community helps me explore new ways and use cases of employing AppSheet. I learn on a daily basis through reading and also contributing. To be able to provide a solution, one has to fully understand the subject matter, and in many cases it pushes the boundaries of your creativity to solve problems. I used to manage technical projects and I was always eager to craft the training and documentation myself. This is the best way to learn.

"If you canโ€™t explain it simply, you donโ€™t understand it well enough." โ€” Albert Einstein

5. What advice do you have for new Community members?

Approach with caution๐Ÿ˜ Really just adopt a learning mindset, and if you have a developing background donโ€™t limit yourself to what you know. AppSheet is different, so be open-minded and youโ€™ll benefit fully from the power and versatility of AppSheet. Also, take a week to read and read before starting instead of starting and running into problems afterwards. Learning AppSheet is not difficult, it is just different.

6. How did you start using AppSheet and what did you use it for?

For many years Iโ€™ve been a backend guy. Developing interfaces for users who are not themselves engineers was scary for me. When I needed to develop full stack data-driven apps, I was looking for frameworks to ease this particular task, creating the interface, for me.

This is how I approached AppSheet, then I discovered that you can do a lot more with it, it is a complete powerful solution! I started by developing an ERP for Wholesale Touristic Provider comprising of different modules to manage different operations.

7. Can you share your favorite thing you've created with AppSheet?

Coming soon, a generic highly-customizable application managing every aspect hostels, touristic apartments, and hotels.

8. Are there any templates/app examples they'd like to share? Links to templates or images are helpful?

Target Weekday Calculator. This is a very useful tool for project and task management. Check it out here.

9. What advice, or tips and tricks do you have for app creators using AppSheet?

The best advice, if you are an active app creator, is to be an active Community member.

10. What's a fun fact about you?

I lived in Egypt, France, India and currently in Spain. Iโ€™m Egyptian French. My Egyptian name is Khaled, my French name is Joseph. In Spain everyoneโ€™s calling me Jose ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Anything else you'd like to share?

Iโ€™m a father of four daughters, I love classical music, and I taught myself playing piano, mostly classical pieces ๐Ÿ™‚

23 23 1,687
23 REPLIES 23

I give my vote of support to Joseph or Josรฉ or Khaled,. It helps me a lot, try to understand what you need to help you. He is a great collaborator. Always grateful to him.

It helps me a lot with the language, sometimes I can't explain it in English and we switch to Spanish.

Doy mi voto de apoyo a Joseph o Josรฉ o  Khaled,. A mi me ayuda mucho, trata de entender lo que necesitas para ayudarte. Es un gran colaborador. Siempre agradecida con รฉl.

Me ayuda mucho con el idioma, a veces no consigo saber explicarlo en inglรฉs y nos pasamos al espaรฑol.

Gracias @Sara_Bertomeu ! This is sweet of you.. ha sido un placer ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Thank you for your all the advice and inspiration @Joseph_Seddik !  ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

This is the best and most high quality forum I've ever encountered. I would have never found the solutions to my apps if it werent for the users here.

@Ratatosk Welcome my friend!  

You are totally right!  I'd like to congratulate and thank all members of our community for creating the BEST technical forum around !! 

Nice to know more about you Joseph.

I am awed by the way you have mastered the AppSheet platform in short duration and very impressed by your willingness to help the community and provide practical solutions. 

Best wishes. Hope to see continued contribution from you in this great community. 

@Suvrutt_Gurjar I was greatly helped by community members in this process, and I feel my duty is to give this favor back to others. 

And I would like to personally thank you my friend, Suvrutt, for being one of the members from whom I received valuable tutorship. Thanks master ๐ŸŒท

Checkout @Suvrutt_Gurjar 's Community member spotlight here:

Meet Suvrutt Gurjar: AppSheet Community Member Spotlight  

I've been reserving my words since I think we have shared enough since your arrival to the community.

But, for anyone reading this, just know that @Joseph_Seddik is an open person willing to help at anytime. He spends a chierful amount of time to help for free and deserves a genuine congrats for all the hard work.

This also shows that anything done with the right mindset can be acomplished sooner than you think. About 5 months in and @Joseph_Seddik is one of the top contribuitors of knowledge and experience on this forum.

If you are a new creator, don't give up! And wait for people like Joseph that is always there to help

@SkrOYC My friend Oscar, let me say to everyone that you are a pillar to this community. I've been always inspired by your critical mindset that is unrivalled in this community ๐Ÿ˜€ I also value your advice at the very beginning that think differently about this platform would enable one to do "great things with AppSheet" as per your words, and you were literally right! The not-so-normalized tables, the Brave browser, Integromat, oh.. the list is long..  Now I'm looking up to you for another inspiration to overcome my long-lasting resistance to learning html/css ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm privileged to have known you personally Oscar, and I'm waiting for you in Madrid as promised in our private exchange!

"This also shows that anything done with the right mindset can be acomplished sooner than you think." -- Another great advice to everyone from a unique person!

@Joseph_Seddik  es un gran integrante doy Fe! un abrazo amigo! gracias por todas tus contribuciones y felicitaciones!

@Gustavo_Eduardo Gracias a ti Gus ๐Ÿ™‚ Fue un verdadero placer conocerte amigo !  

Lo mismo digo amigo @Joseph_Seddik !!! Bien merecida menciรณn (y esperada por cierto) abrazo

Has it only been since Christmas?!?  Wow!

Congrats, and I can't wait to see where your AppSheet journey takes you!

@MultiTech Matt, what can I say about our AppSheet celebrity ๐Ÿ™‚ Should I speak about AppSheet Wizardry? Creativity? Exquisite educating prowess? insane talent for simplification allowing you to seize huge amount of information in a nutshell? captivating sense of humor? I wouldn't know from where to start. We have a ๐ŸŒŸ shining star ๐ŸŒŸ in our midst.

Or maybe the best I can do is to give this valuable advice to all fellow members, you'll be losing a lot if you miss subscribing to Matt's YouTube channel, open YouTube, subscribe now and enjoy a pleasurable learning experience:

MultiTech Visions - YouTube 

Thank you master!

I've learnt a lot with Jose. I am thankful he is here at this community!

@diogolupcosta Most welcome my friend ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice job Joseph!

@Marc_Dillon Here comes a true IT consultant, the one you know he's done everything that is to be done with AppSheet, the one who has seen it all, and comes with a big toolbox, not just AppSheet and knows what bolt goes with which nut. And best of all, should you have a question, Marc will just get you to the point from comment no. 1 . Should you spot a comment by Marc, just memorize it ๐Ÿ™‚

Checkout Marc's spotlight: Meet Marc Dillon: AppSheet Community Member Spotlight  

Thanks for all your help Master!

Beyond @Joseph_Seddik's substantive assistance, his welcoming tone and multilingualism contribute tremendously to making new community members feel welcome.

@dbaum David my friend. I truly appreciate your useful contributions in the community and I'm always interested in reading them. I'm also learning from you ๐Ÿ™‚

Bienvenido, muchas gracias, he visto mucho รบltimamente tu participaciรณn. โ™ฅ

Gracias @Manupunk !

Seems like this was the last Spotlight post, I guess the series is not going to continue anymore?

I'm still eager to read about @MultiTech@Steve@Lynn@1minManager, and many more (in no particular order)

@Joseph_Seddik 

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

An awesome go through.

I'm a teacher, a father and like others.

Any way, please, let me know how can I get the fulfilment and achievements with Google that is with you?

Please, let me hit next through the tremendous of your answer.