Failed to deploy Anthos Sample Deployment but Anthos cluster looks fine.

ymy
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hi Google Cloud community,

I have recently started learning Anthos.

I ran the Anthos Sample Deployment on this page and got an error.
https://cloud.google.com/anthos/docs/tutorials/explore-anthos

The details of the error are as shown in the screenshot.
The waiter in anthos-config-management-setup is outputting an error.
I have no idea what is causing this error.

ymy_1-1698244338600.png

Anthos Sample Deployment has a troubleshooting guide.
I used this page to delete the Deployment once and recreate it, but the error was not resolved.
https://cloud.google.com/anthos/docs/tutorials/troubleshooting

Next I show you the Anthos console screen.
Interestingly, although the Deployment Manager status is an error, the Anthos Cluster is working fine.

ymy_2-1698244471777.png

I hope to use this tutorial to learn more about Anthos in the future. Please let me know how to deal with this error. Maybe the waiter error is not a serious problem and I can continue with the tutorial. Such advice is also welcome.

Solved Solved
0 1 380
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ymy 

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Based on your error, you may want to look at this part of the guide about Anthos Config Management. You will be able to relate the issue due to unsatisfied prerequisites on deploying the Anthos Sample Deployment on Google Cloud (Preview).

You can follow this guide to setup your environment and verify prerequisites are satisfied. Below is the part wherein you will initialize the script.

source init-anthos-sample-deployment.env

In addition, here is the public github repo wherein the deployments are located.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need further assistance, you can always file a ticket on our support team.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @ymy 

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Based on your error, you may want to look at this part of the guide about Anthos Config Management. You will be able to relate the issue due to unsatisfied prerequisites on deploying the Anthos Sample Deployment on Google Cloud (Preview).

You can follow this guide to setup your environment and verify prerequisites are satisfied. Below is the part wherein you will initialize the script.

source init-anthos-sample-deployment.env

In addition, here is the public github repo wherein the deployments are located.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need further assistance, you can always file a ticket on our support team.

Top Labels in this Space