Management Server Permission Denied While creating Keystore

Not applicable

Hi,

I just upgraded to 4.16.01 and we're now having issues with creating keystores we get the following response:

{
  "code" : "messaging.config.beans.KeyParseFailure",
  "message" : "Failed to parse the Key file : devApiKey",
  "contexts" : [ ],
  "cause" : {
    "message" : "Permission denied",
    "contexts" : [ ]
  }

And looking in the logs

com.apigee.kernel.exceptions.spi.UncheckedException: Failed to parse the Key file : devApiKey

and

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_91]
        at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1012) ~[na:1.8.0_91]

It seems that this would be an issue being able to write to a directory, but I can't seem to figure out which directory it's having issues writing to--can anyone point me to where this would be?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 1 266
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

The issue was is that we switched users between the migration and the MS creates a folder in the Java tmp IO dir (in my case /var/tmp on rhel 6) and this folder called "keys" that was still owned by the old user. changing the ownership to the new user fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

The issue was is that we switched users between the migration and the MS creates a folder in the Java tmp IO dir (in my case /var/tmp on rhel 6) and this folder called "keys" that was still owned by the old user. changing the ownership to the new user fixed the issue.