Message Logging with Syslog Host and Port values using variable

@anilsagar 

@dchiesa1 

I have hardcoded the values of Host and Port inside the Syslog under log error message policy is there any way to pass the values using a variable.

hemanthteejay_0-1644923058229.png

I need to pass the value of Host and Port using a variable? Can any one help me to solve this issue.

Solved Solved
0 2 194
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I need to pass the value of Host and Port using a variable? Can any one help me to solve this issue.

Nope, you cannot do that. With the MessageLogging policy, there is no way to determine the log destination "dynamically" via variables.

You can use a template, and the maven deploy plugin. But that's about as close as you can get to specifying a dynamic syslog sink.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nope, you cannot do that. With the MessageLogging policy, there is no way to determine the log destination "dynamically" via variables.

You can use a template, and the maven deploy plugin. But that's about as close as you can get to specifying a dynamic syslog sink.

Hi @anilsagar ,@dchiesa1  so if it is the case how can we implement this thing in different environment with different values