Router service failing after restart.

Not applicable

I am trying to install 12 node cluster. While installing router service i got below issue.

apigee-service: edge-router: Not running (DEAD)

0 6 715
6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

Found these in system.log:::

2017-07-14 18:50:48,378 main ERROR KERNEL - MicroKernel.main() : MicroKernel.main() : Error in starting up the kernel : Error while che cking path existence for path : /types com.apigee.zookeeper.ZooKeeperException: Error while checking path existence for path : /types at com.apigee.zookeeper.impl.ZooKeeperServiceImpl.exists(ZooKeeperServiceImpl.java:407) ~[zookeeper-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.zookeeper.impl.ZooKeeperServiceImpl.exists(ZooKeeperServiceImpl.java:391) ~[zookeeper-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.services.repository.zookeeper.ZKRepository.exists(ZKRepository.java:311) ~[repository-zookeeper-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.services.repository.RepositoryServiceImpl.exists(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:224) ~[repository-impl-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.registration.ServerRegistrationServiceImpl.getServerTypes(ServerRegistrationServiceImpl.java:299) ~[registration-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.registration.ServerRegistrationServiceImpl.initResolutionScopes(ServerRegistrationServiceImpl.java:316) ~[registration-1.0.0.jar:na]

we are seeing similar issue :
we have the same problem , edge-router goes dead every minute and i did the nginx status check and it is correct , however we see the below error from nginx logs :

2021-06-11 11:32:44,051 main INFO NGIX-ADAPTOR - Nginx.isRunningAlready() : exit code of the command 3
could you please let me know how you fixed this issue.

@Praneeth Can you please ensure connectivity between this router and the Zookeeper nodes?

brianademba
Participant II

Check for the permission of upstreamstats_error.log in /app/apigee/var/log/edge-router/nginx/

Check status of 0-upstream-stats.conf file in /opt/nginx/conf.d .If its marked as 0-upstream-stats.conf.bad thats a bad sign

Solution:

chown -R apigee:apigee /app/apigee/

Thanks! Managed to solve it too! 

friday night funkin

Not applicable

The same error I had faced in past. We had some issues connecting between components. After fixing connection it resolved the issue.