how to developer portal admin reset

ertaskemal
Participant I

developer-portal.png

Hi Gurus,

I am IT guy and very new to Apigee. Our institution has lost the password to access the developer portal system. we are trying to reset the admin user. Is it possible to recover that user ?

As far as know it is ON-PREM and OS version is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2 (Maipo) Also i attached our developer portal screenshot. if you need another question, I'll try to help.

Best Regards

Kemal

Solved Solved
0 21 730
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Kemal Ertas As @Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena has indicated, it appears that you are on a very old and unsupported version of Apigee. Could you try the steps below to obtain a one time login:

On the system:

cd /var/www/html (or whatever your webroot is)
drush uli --browser=0 admin

This command (for more info, type "drush help uli") will give you a link that will work as a one time login. The system may not have the correct hostname, but you can copy/paste that into your browser, changing the hostname if needed.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Not applicable

Yes, you can set new one time password.

Run below command

cd /opt/apigee/apigee-drupal/wwwroot

drush uli

Dear Jena,

Under opt folder, there are the following folders.When I ping the developer portal, it comes to this server. Am i looking wrong server ?

[xxxxx@xxxxxxxx opt]$ ls

ibm IBM jdk1.7.0_80 jdk-7u80-linux-x64.tar.gz python-2.6.4

BR

Kemal

Not applicable

you need to run the command in developer portal UI server.

Ref: https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.18.05/commonly-used-drush-commands

Dear Jena,

Our landscape is 8 NODE, i check all servers but there is no apigee-drupal folder.

Our foulders are below ; i see apigee4 after this there is no apigee-drupal

/opt/apigee4/

[xxx@xxxxxxxx apigee4]$ ls

bin conf contrib customer data etc override readme.txt share source test token var

BR

Kemal

Not applicable

apigee4 is old Apigee setup in old versions. Please check for /opt/apigee

Dear Jena,

Actually, there is only apigee4 folder under /opt for all Nodes.

You can find it in also attached screen shot.apigee4.png

BR

Kemal

What version are you using?

Hi Jena,

When i check installation logs ; Apigee Enterprise Install Version 4.14.10.00

BR

Kemal

Not applicable

This is very old version of Apigee and also is out of support from Apigee.

Would suggest to upgrade Apigee to latest or nearest to latest.

Hi,

Is there any way to recover admin user at this version ?

BR

Kemal

Hi,

When i try to execute drush user create command it says "command user-create needs a higher bootstrap level to run"

10351-drush-status.png

10352-drush-command.png

ertaskemal
Participant I

Hi Guys,

Is there any way to reset that user ? I am very new to apigee, i need your help.

BR

Kemal

@Kemal Ertas As @Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena has indicated, it appears that you are on a very old and unsupported version of Apigee. Could you try the steps below to obtain a one time login:

On the system:

This command (for more info, type "drush help uli") will give you a link that will work as a one time login. The system may not have the correct hostname, but you can copy/paste that into your browser, changing the hostname if needed.

Hi Arungopal,

unfortunately, I can't because someone else did the installation before and I don't know how to upgrade. I went to the directory you specified and ran the command.

It says "command not found" also you can see it in screen shot.

drush-not-found.png

Regards

@Kemal Ertas the above indicates that either drush is not installed or is not in path. Please work with your IT team to get drush installed for the OS you are working with.

Hi,

When i check "yum info drush" command it says loaded plugins related to screen shot. Does it mean drush installed ?

10362-info-drush.png

Hi,

I informed to IT OS team, they will check. Then i will update you.

BR

Kemal

Hi,

Thank you very much. OS team made some changes and below command gave me admin login link ! Thank you !

BR

Kemal

Not applicable

can you try below commands

drush dc-getauth

drush dc-setauth org_admin_email

Dear Jena,

When i try these command under /var/www/html , it says "bash: drush: command not found"

When i try under /usr/local/share/drush with command ./drush dc-getauth or drush dc-getauth same results.

Only ./drush cache-clear drush worked under /usr/local/share/drush

BR

Kemal

I don't find new options. Is it possible for you to update your bootstrap to higher and try?