retrieve custom attribute from oAuth2 access token

Dear All,

I am setting custom values in oAuth2 flow using authorization code grant type .

The variables are set at time of generation oAuth2 code

Step 1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><OAuthV2 enabled="true" continueOnError="false" async="false" name="GenerateAuthorizationCode">  <FaultRules/>  <Properties/>  <State>request.queryparam.state</State>  <Operation>GenerateAuthorizationCode</Operation>  <Attributes>  <Attribute name="tenant.client_id" ref="request.queryparam.client_id"/>  <Attribute name="tenant.response_type" ref="request.queryparam.response_type"/>  <Attribute name="tenant.scope" ref="request.queryparam.scope"/>  <Attribute name="tenant.state" ref="request.queryparam.state"/>  <Attribute name="tenant.userid" ref="request.queryparam.userid"/>  <Attribute name="tenant.customerid" ref="request.queryparam.customerid"/>  </Attributes>  <GenerateResponse/></OAuthV2>

After the above the below policy is executed at the time of token generation.

Step 2

<OAuthV2 name="GenerateAccessToken">  <FaultRules/>  <Properties/>  <!--<ExpiresIn>-1</ExpiresIn>  <RefreshTokenExpiresIn>-1</RefreshTokenExpiresIn>-->  <ExpiresIn>7776000000</ExpiresIn>  <!--7776000000 is 3 months only , not infinite-->  <RefreshTokenExpiresIn>7776000000</RefreshTokenExpiresIn>  <ReuseRefreshToken>true</ReuseRefreshToken>  <SupportedGrantTypes>  <GrantType>authorization_code</GrantType>  </SupportedGrantTypes>  <GenerateResponse/></OAuthV2>

After 5 minutes , i am trying to execute GetoAuth2 Info policy by passing the access token .

Step 3.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><GetOAuthV2Info async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="GetOAuthv20Info">  <AccessToken ref="request.queryparam.access_token"/>  <IgnoreAccessTokenStatus>true</IgnoreAccessTokenStatus></GetOAuthV2Info>

however i am not receiving any of the custom variables like tenant.userid or tenant.customerid in the flow of step 3.

Can anyone give me pointers to solution?

Regards

Solved Solved
0 4 1,242
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

When you use auth_code and put the custom attr > it will migrate and will be attached to access_token aswell.

To get it, you will need to use this syntax:

accesstoken.{custom_attribute}

accesstoken.tenant.customerid

See the docs also for future reference:

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/security/oauth/customizing-access-tokens#gettingcustomattribute...

View solution in original post

Do the token validation in proxy and once the token is validated, all the custom attributes will be available in the flow.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

When you use auth_code and put the custom attr > it will migrate and will be attached to access_token aswell.

To get it, you will need to use this syntax:

accesstoken.{custom_attribute}

See the docs also for future reference:

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/security/oauth/customizing-access-tokens#gettingcustomattribute...

is not having any value in the third step. Its really confusing .

I agree, me too not getting any value after I do like below (in JS code) :

var abc = context.getVariable("accesstoken.token_issued_at");

or

var abc = context.getVariable("accesstoken.{token_issued_at}");

Can you please check once @Denis_KALITVI @sjm2000 @dchiesa1 . Any help will be appreciated.

Do the token validation in proxy and once the token is validated, all the custom attributes will be available in the flow.