28Jul23 Photos: download

28Jul23 1752 Greetings Appsheet Artisans .. good evening from New Zealand. How do I download photos from Appsheet? Easily? Conveniently? Uploading works easily of course. Thank you for suggestions, advice and help. Ulu.

Solved Solved
0 10 275
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are welcome. Here is the relevant help article @jyothis_m 

Use data from Google Drive - AppSheet Help

In the app, the folder added as a table shows with the following attributes.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1690875518593.png

In the example shared in this and previous post by me, I added the folder in G drive containing images as a table.

And this is the folder in the G drive containing the image files as a folder in the app root folder

Suvrutt_Gurjar_3-1690875674996.png

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1690875627520.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Right click the photo and select save?

I think you need to elaborate.

I think @Techuke is referring to Appsheet in Mobile Devices. Is there a way for that in mobile devices @Marc_Dillon 

29Jul23 1710 Aye @jyothis_m  .. it is so "klutzy" .. and irritating.

29Jul23 1621 Thank you @jyothis and @Marc_Dillon  .. yes that is correct .. I am asking about downloading photos from mobile devices. Using Windows, RIGHT clicking on the photo prompts Windows to offer options including SAVE COPY etc But on my Samsung Ultra? No options And on my iPad? No options

@Techuke I am also not aware of any possible method for this directly. I take screenshot or download the file from G Drive in such cases where i need the image uploaded by another user.

Hi @Techuke and @jyothis_m ,

There maybe probably easier ways. But if you add image as a file type column with image URL in the app, you can open the file in the mobile device and use the save option as the screenshot below shows. I tested it in an android device.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1690698963348.png

The image file is captured as a file  in the app as shown below. For capturing this image as file column, I added another table in the app by using folder as table option available in AppSheet. From folder as table , one can get the Google file ID of the image file and based on that file ID, one can construct the URL for the file type column to be shown in the main table from where you wish to save the image.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1690700168497.png

You can use the approach suggested in the following tip by @TyAlevizos to create the file type column from image file in G drive.

Document Processing - Folder as a Table - Google Cloud Community

Since the key of the main table is present in the path of the folder as image table , you can link the file column to the main table.

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Where can I find more info about "Folder as Table"

You are welcome. Here is the relevant help article @jyothis_m 

Use data from Google Drive - AppSheet Help

In the app, the folder added as a table shows with the following attributes.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1690875518593.png

In the example shared in this and previous post by me, I added the folder in G drive containing images as a table.

And this is the folder in the G drive containing the image files as a folder in the app root folder

Suvrutt_Gurjar_3-1690875674996.png

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1690875627520.png

1Aug23 2052 thank you soooo .. much! @Suvrutt_Gurjar and @TyAlevizos and @Marc_Dillon and @jyothis_m 

You are welcome. Since allowing the user to download images in their device could be a critical functionality, please ensure you set the table permissions in appropriate manner in app or and Gdrive so that only intended users are able to download images.

Top Labels in this Space