3Apr23 1209 why does my AND () not work?

3Apr23 1209 Hullo Appsheet titans .. can one of you spot the fault / problem? I've tried and tried. All the lines work except for the orange one. To change the category and associated colours in Calendar I use these results .. MTCE DONE .. MTCE NOTDONE .. JOB DONE .. JOB NOTDONE. The AND() statements work perfectly for to produce those four results. But the HOLIDAY statement? Aarghhh .. 

IFS(

AND ([MAINTENANCE Y/N]="Y", ISNOTBLANK([NEXT MAINTENANCE DATE]), ISNOTBLANK([COMPLETED DATE])),"MTCE DONE",

AND ([MAINTENANCE Y/N]="Y", ISNOTBLANK([NEXT MAINTENANCE DATE]), ISBLANK([COMPLETED DATE])),"MTCE NOTDONE",

AND ([MAINTENANCE Y/N]="N", [AAA LEAVE TYPE] = "Annual"), "HOLIDAY",

AND ([MAINTENANCE Y/N]="N", ISBLANK([COMPLETED DATE])),"JOB NOTDONE",

AND ([MAINTENANCE Y/N]="N", ISNOTBLANK([COMPLETED DATE])),"JOB DONE"

)
Solved Solved
0 6 171
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'd say check that your AAA LEAVE TYPE column really contains the value "Annual" with no spelling mistakes or being empty. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I'd say check that your AAA LEAVE TYPE column really contains the value "Annual" with no spelling mistakes or being empty. 

3Apr23 1626 .. @Joseph_Seddik if you had not responded with that suggestion I would not be trying it now! Until now I've been saying to myself, "Of course AAA LEAVE TYPE contains "Annual". Thank you. More to follow. 

3Apr23 1756 .. @Joseph_Seddik HUGE Thank you. Although I had already checked that [AAA LEAVE TYPE] contains "Annual" etc etc my checking was not robust. The check I used showed "Annual" to be the result BUT it was [AAA LEAVE TYPE ID #] that my code was using .. so my code never found "Annual". All fixed !! Thank you, thank you.

Welcome welcome 🙂

Screenshot_20230420_082533_AppSheet.jpg

 20Apr23 0834 Heaven looks like this! (Minus the redactions .. for privacy.) That Appsheet calendar (with seven colours .. indicating job types) is the result of perfect IFS() and AND()'s. A huge extra special thank you to @@Joseph_Seddik for his advice to verify the result of and AND () that I thought was working OK. Thank you again!

Welcome my friend. I'm glad YOU sorted out and I much like the way your calendar looks. Well done!

Top Labels in this Space