Add a view to a page on my website

Is it possible to add a view to my website? I added a database where my chefs can add the soup of the day. They can then select which store (I have 2) is serving the soup. What I would to do is post this information to my website so customers can see what soups are being served at which location.  Is this possible?

0 3 102
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

you can create a "read only view" with the details you want to display. 

you can follow the instructions in this article to embedd it in iframe: 
Run your app in an iFrame on a web page 

Thank you for your fast reply.  I am not sure how to create a read only view. It seems like the data would have to be read only.

Also, how do I get the specific view in the app to show in the iFrame?

To set the table as Read Only excluding you and your chefs as they still need to add the recipes in the "Soup of the day" table  

Navigate to DATA / Tables / and add the "Soup of the day" if its not already there

Once you add the table , under the table name you will see "are updates allowed ?" 
press on the beaker and just fill in these : 

SWITCH(USEREMAIL(), 
  "user1@mydomain.com", "UPDATES_ONLY", 
  "user2@mydomain.com", "ALL_CHANGES", 
  "READ_ONLY")

@JordanJed wrote:

Also, how do I get the specific view in the app to show in the iFrame?

You can use the SHOWIF in the UX interface: 

go to the UX interface once you have added the intended tables , and created the desired views, scroll down to "DISPLAY" and set the showif expression to something like this if you have a users table: 

IN(USEREMAIL(),USERSTABLE[EMAIL]) 

This will limit the views to only you and your employees 
the one for your clients can be left blank (to allow the view for everyone) 

TBH i never tried to embedd it in an iframe , but this might work unless am missing something, other PROS in this community would give their opinions on this. 

Top Labels in this Space