Add button not displayed

I have a deck view that displays information based on a Slice that filters Information on a status in another table. From this view. I need a "ADD" button to be able to add records to a table. So I have created an action, "Add Customer" which called a form to add records into the table. I would have thought the action would create an overlay button on the view which would take you to the form, just like it would when you add the system generated "Add" action, but it doesn't. How do I get users to add records from this view?

In my head this should work, but maybe I have it completely wrong.

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 13.27.16.png

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 13.22.20.png

Solved Solved
0 5 857
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hmm the Add button for a table or slice is usually there by default unless...

1. The Table settings have Adds unselected
  2. Or you have a Table formula that says its read only or edit only for that user
  3. The Slice has Adds unselected
  4. You've gone in an hidden the Add System Action

Simon@1minManager.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hmm the Add button for a table or slice is usually there by default unless...

1. The Table settings have Adds unselected
  2. Or you have a Table formula that says its read only or edit only for that user
  3. The Slice has Adds unselected
  4. You've gone in an hidden the Add System Action

Simon@1minManager.com

Hi @1minManager ,

I checked all that already. So, if I use the default "Add" action, it inserts the records correctly, but through a system generated form: Customers pending_Form, which I don't want to use. Maybe there's a way to specify the form I want to use?

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 14.44.12.png

I couldn't find an option, so I have created my own action "Add Customer", that calls the correct form, but when I use this action, it doesn't give me the "Add" button.

Ah, found it. Silly me. My LINKTOVIEW was wrong... Thanks for your help!

I have the same problem with a slice based view (the add boton  disappeared).

Where do you check your LINKTOVIEW? 

Top Labels in this Space