Add new app creators

Hello,

I'm trying to add another app creator to my account. I click the button to send a link to add an app creator, and the recipient clicks on the link but they don't seem to be able to add an app or copy any of the templates. Are there restrictions to adding app creators based on the plan? I think we are on the Starter plan. 

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 6 113
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. basically, you set:

user1@company.com as app owner

user2@company.com as app user, with permission "Edit definition"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Allan_Fullerto1 

Do these app co-author already have an AppSheet account ?

Normally, once shared with these, they should have a section "co-authored apps", at the very bottom of their "My Apps" page.

Hello Aurelien,

The co-author is one of the "users" of our account but possibly doesn't have an account of their own, so I will look at that and see if that is the problem.

Thank you so much for your help.

@Allan_Fullerto1 wrote:

add an app or copy any of the templates

I think this is an Enterprise feature, I'm not sure

Team management: The Essentials - AppSheet Help
https://www.appsheet.com/Dashboard/Team/Members

"The co-author is one of the "users" of our account but possibly doesn't have an account of their own, so I will look at that and see if that is the problem."

Are you talking about a shared account, like a service account ?

If so, in my opinion this has nothing to do with AppSheet I think, rather with your IT management service ? Can you be more explicit about the situation ?

Hi Aurelien,

You are probably right that the issue is with our IT management service, which is me. Our account is owned by me and we have several users who use the apps I have made. It was one of these users I was trying to add as an app creator but as you say, they may not have an account of their own and are just a user of the apps on my account. I will set them up with an account and try it again. 

Thanks again

Yes. basically, you set:

user1@company.com as app owner

user2@company.com as app user, with permission "Edit definition"

Top Labels in this Space