Allow other values in a Valid If enum

I have an ENUM column [Contact Name] that populates a filtered list of choices based on the currently-selected value of another column [Customer Name]. However, I’ve run into a snag where the contact name is new - not someone we’ve typed into the existing list yet. I have turned on the “allow other values”, but because of the “Valid if” constraint, I can’t actually type in a different value. How do I adjust the Valid If expression to allow user input?

Solved Solved
1 40 5,721
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Belinda
The expression’s behaviour does not change if it’s set in Valid_if or Suggested_Values. The only difference is, with the Suggested_Values, you are allowed to add new entries to the list. So provided it’s behaving differently, your expression could be wrong. Please check my sample app below. Just click your name on the Home screen. On the facing form, select a company from the dropdown. 2 fields will appear: (1) dropdown values with Valid_if (2) dropdown values with Suggested_Values. Both have the same expression on the back-end. Isn’t this what you are querying for?

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

It works like this for me
IF([columvalue]=0,LIST(“g”, “h”),LIST(“n”, “m”))

Top Labels in this Space