AppSheet Scan RFiD

Hello, I am new to AppSheet. I saw a video on the internet and I don't know how to do this. Can you help me? <link>

Solved Solved
0 9 228
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In this case you need parent and child tables 

parent table will be the class 

and then the child records are the scans 

and you build a relationship between the 2 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Create a form with a column Badge number for example and make it scannable by NFC from the data / columns

Go to the UX / the type: form of this table / column order choose only "badge number" column 
in the bottom select auto save and auto reopen 

Hussein_Osseily_1-1710760409300.png

To activate NFC as below: 

Hussein_Osseily_0-1710760365279.png

Note: Make the column Badge Number required and create a timestamp column with expression NOW()

Thank you very much for your reply. But the first thing I'm trying to do here is save the data under a "header". In the video, he first chooses a "topic". I can do the part you ask later.

To explain in more detail;

First, I will select a class. EXAMPLE: "Class 5/A". Then I will scan the "Class 5/A" title. just like in the video

In this case you need parent and child tables 

parent table will be the class 

and then the child records are the scans 

and you build a relationship between the 2 

I did what you said. Thank you very much. But auto-save and reopen goes into infinite loop. "Cancel" button not working. 

Make the column badge number for example as “REQUIRED” from Data / columns and tick required

i had an issue before where it goes in a loop and thats how i solved it 

you have an option under these two options (auto open / auto save ) to specify which view it takes you to when you cancel usually its set to auto , replace it with another view of your choice. 

The final question. Everything is ready and working. But when I scan the card into the RFID reader, auto save does not work. I have to click on the screen for it to register. How can I automate this? The card ID I scanned consists of 8 characters.

I forgot to mention this before , you have to activate this 

Go to UX>Options>Forms 
activate advance forms automatically

Hussein_Osseily_0-1710845298777.png

This not working. I scan the card. and it stays that way.

1- make sure your app is up to date with your changes in the editor
2- how does your form look like ? 

i just tested it my side and it works 

Top Labels in this Space