Application configuration folder issue

I'd not accessed the app for a few weeks and when I did I noticed that the App Logo and Launch Image could not be found and the folder I thought contained them has a single empty file "emtpy.txt".  Data was stored elsewhere and appears OK.

It is possible that I accidentally deleted them but it seems very unlikely to me.

Had anyone encountered something like this?

MattJP_0-1667389526310.png

When I copy the link to a browser I get a 404 error from gdrive:

MattJP_1-1667389585339.png

Solved Solved
0 6 165
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

You will never see anything else than appsheet.com url ๐Ÿ™‚

Here is for example:

Aurelien_0-1667392091121.png

Yes, Chuck Norris tried AppSheet one day.

Since then, AppSheet tries to get named ChuckSheet (just joking: 101 Chuck Norris Jokes To Make You Laugh; But Please Don't Tell Chuck Norris )

@MattJP wrote:

My concern is that the files, which I thought were stored in the appsheet data folder aren't there anymore and they aren't anywhere else on my drive either

Is there any chance that you removed it from your folder and placed it away ?  you mentionned your folder has been moved:

@MattJP wrote:

Data was stored elsewhere and appears OK.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @MattJP 

Can you make sure the icon item is shared with public visibility ? something like "Anyone with the link"

The files are not there anymore and I think the original authentication basis was owner (my Google account).  I can't seem to find that setting in the new UI.  My concern is that the files, which I thought were stored in the appsheet data folder aren't there anymore and they aren't anywhere else on my drive either.  Are they uploaded and kept at appsheet.com?  Just noticed the link is not a gdrive link as I stated.  It's appsheet.com.  Maybe I've just lost the plot.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

You will never see anything else than appsheet.com url ๐Ÿ™‚

Here is for example:

Aurelien_0-1667392091121.png

Yes, Chuck Norris tried AppSheet one day.

Since then, AppSheet tries to get named ChuckSheet (just joking: 101 Chuck Norris Jokes To Make You Laugh; But Please Don't Tell Chuck Norris )

@MattJP wrote:

My concern is that the files, which I thought were stored in the appsheet data folder aren't there anymore and they aren't anywhere else on my drive either

Is there any chance that you removed it from your folder and placed it away ?  you mentionned your folder has been moved:

@MattJP wrote:

Data was stored elsewhere and appears OK.

Hahahaha, Maybe Chuck knows where I put the files.  I'll recreate them and upload them again.

If it is an Appsheet link (I am assuming the file was uploaded to appsheet), what might make it return 404?

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@MattJP wrote:

Hahahaha, Maybe Chuck knows where I put the files. 

Probably ๐Ÿคฃ

@MattJP wrote:

If it is an Appsheet link (I am assuming the file was uploaded to appsheet), what might make it return 404?

I really don't know about this part 

Many thanks

Top Labels in this Space