Auto fill field with data from last form submitted

I would like to prefill a form field with an address from the last submitted form entry. I would like to know what formula to use to get the address text from the previous submission and preferably and example how to use the formula.

Solved Solved
0 3 1,547
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to have a “DateTime_Column” to determine wich data is the last submitted, Then create a virtual column “Last_Item”, and set this FORMULA:
=MAXROW(“Your_Table”, “DateTime_Column”)

In the INITIAL_VALUE of the ADDRESS column, set:
=[Last_Item].[Address]

P.D. Don’t forget to set Initial_Value of DateTime_Column to NOW()

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You need to have a “DateTime_Column” to determine wich data is the last submitted, Then create a virtual column “Last_Item”, and set this FORMULA:
=MAXROW(“Your_Table”, “DateTime_Column”)

In the INITIAL_VALUE of the ADDRESS column, set:
=[Last_Item].[Address]

P.D. Don’t forget to set Initial_Value of DateTime_Column to NOW()

Thanks Fernando, that worked like a charm. I used the timestamp column to get the latest date and time.

This worked for me breifly when I first implemented it, it has been a bug for a few months that I am trying to correct now.  It always defaults to the same Project (I have to to set the last project a production entry was submitted on).  I started to wonder just now if there was an entry of that project that had a future date that was trumping any new entries.  It turns out when I "preview data" that every entry has the date and time of the most recent entry.  It appears that it is editing past entries to the current time when a new one is entered (unless this is jsut a "Preview Data" bug.  FYI data is kept in smartsheet but the "TimEnt" column is virtual in appsheet.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Top Labels in this Space