Automatic update of Valid_If Constraint

Hi, I’m using the Valid if expression:

SELECT(Whian Whian[Task Description (What needs doing?)], [Status]<>“Completed”)

Which works correctly in giving me a drop down menu list of task descriptions. However, once that task has been completed and the status changes I want it to either automatically delete that entry from the list or cross it out.

I do notice that if I go to a detail view of the row that now has the invalid entry it comes up with an error message for that entry but in a table view it shows nothing.

I’m not sure if there is some kind of formatting that I can do to highlight a row on a table that has an invaild entry.

does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

0 3 143
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How does the status change?

What is “it” here? The Valid If expression? Or the display?

Which “entry”? The status values that aren’t Completed?

Basically this part of the app is a list of tasks that need doing. And I’ve created the valid if column to allow the user to select the names of other tasks (like a Enumlist dropdown) that need to be completed before this task can be started.

A yes/no column with quick edit in detailed view is used to complete a task and it will change the status from “In Progress” to “Completed”.

At this stage I was hoping it would show in the list of tasks that need to be completed first that the task that was just completed no longer is a prerequisite for starting this task somehow.

Ah, I think I understand, but I’m not sure exactly how to do what you want. You might be able to use a format rule to strike-out or otherwise highlight the completed tasks. I’ve never tried to do exactly this, so I’m not sure if it would work.

Please post a screenshot of the Type Details portion of the EnumList column configuration screen.

Top Labels in this Space