Automation condition [Date]=TODAY()-1 still pending

Hello,
I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong with an automation condition as per the subject of this post.
I was expecting the condition to become true at midnight (the condition is "Wait until Date is yesterday) but I have been trying for several days in a row and all the triggered automations (same automation triggered several times) are still pending.
My app is not deployed but the event type is "data change" so it shouldn't be an issue.
My time zone is supported.
I have read every existing article about automations, haven't found an answer yet.

Solved Solved
0 2 172
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If nothing triggers your [Date] column to recalculate, then the condition that's waiting for it to have a new value will never be met. Perhaps that's the issue? If so, maybe it's possible to use instead the setting to Wait a period of time and use an expression to calculate the duration to be the difference between when the automation is triggered and midnight.

Also, Wait conditions have a timeout. Be sure that's not set to be so short that it expires before your data change occurs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If nothing triggers your [Date] column to recalculate, then the condition that's waiting for it to have a new value will never be met. Perhaps that's the issue? If so, maybe it's possible to use instead the setting to Wait a period of time and use an expression to calculate the duration to be the difference between when the automation is triggered and midnight.

Also, Wait conditions have a timeout. Be sure that's not set to be so short that it expires before your data change occurs.

I thought the condition would be met just simply because the Date column "becomes" yesterday without any recalculation. Date "becomes" yesterday at midnight. I didn't realize there had to be a change in the column for the condition to be met.

As for the timeout, my understanding is that the "switch" lets you decide if you want to use a timeout or not.

Thanks for the clarification on the data change in the column. I will try the "wait for a period of time" type of condition and see if I can get this to work.

Top Labels in this Space