Blank row add screen?!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Any idea what’s going on here? For one specific table, if I click on the Add button, I’m taken to a blank screen, without even a back button.

No other tables affected. Default system-generated add button, no security filter, default table update settings. Tried deleting system-generated form view. Recreated table view. Copied app. Hard-reloaded app editor.

(no audio)

Solved Solved
0 2 239
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can’t delete system-generated actions! Though you can system-generated views…

Yep. I managed to track it down and fix it. The problem was an Initial value expression for a column of the affected table. The expression was of the form:

orderby(
  ifs(
    ifs(
    ),
      list(...)
  ),
)

I was trying to produce a populated list of references only if a complex set of conditions was met, then order the result. The fix was to explicitly produce an empty list if the conditions were not met:

orderby(
  ifs(
    ifs(
    ),
      list(...)
    true,
      list()
  ),
)

So there’s either a bug with IFS() or with ORDERBY(). My money’s on IFS().

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hmmm… the only time I’ve seen things like that were when formulas were missing things - but I was doing very non-standard things with the formula. (Lots of nesting of quotes (single and double) with {curely brackets} and /forward slashes//

It was the combination of these special characters that interfered with AppSheet’s internal code and caused strange things like what you’re seeing.

But a system generated action doing that… sounds like something happened during the app generation process - something got corrupted.

Very strange… damn gremlins
3X_f_0_f07d81fcf3eb950d165b7beadac28583369c9dcd.gif
(The one tap dancing on the keyboard )

Maybe try deleting the system generated Add action - maybe it’s something messed up in there.

• Can you LinkToForm() and have things still work?

Can’t delete system-generated actions! Though you can system-generated views…

Yep. I managed to track it down and fix it. The problem was an Initial value expression for a column of the affected table. The expression was of the form:

orderby(
  ifs(
    ifs(
    ),
      list(...)
  ),
)

I was trying to produce a populated list of references only if a complex set of conditions was met, then order the result. The fix was to explicitly produce an empty list if the conditions were not met:

orderby(
  ifs(
    ifs(
    ),
      list(...)
    true,
      list()
  ),
)

So there’s either a bug with IFS() or with ORDERBY(). My money’s on IFS().

Top Labels in this Space