Button action for displaying inline items from a view

dev2

Hi all,

I would appreciate a tip : I would like to display child items, from a timestamp-based parent item.
I used a sample which was an excellent base for my purpose (provided by @Fabian, thank you very much bty the way).

My situation is :

• I have a “Mouvement/Order” table, and a “Detail Mvts/Order Line” Table.
  • he main “Add” action button is attached to the “Order” Table, but what I would like is to have it on the most interesting screen: “OrderLine” Table.

So, I thought that maybe I could remove the “Order” Table, only display the “OrderLine” table, and add an “Add” Action Button, which would activate the “Add” button attached to the “Order” Table (but from the OrderLine Table - I hope I make myself clear).

Here is a picture of what I currently have, and what I could like to have:

As you can assume here, the current “plus” button on the right-side view (OrderLine table-based) does not do the job.

Do you have any idea of how I can proceed ?

Many thanks for your help

Aurelien

Solved Solved
1 11 3,407
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi John,

Yoiu have provided a very fitting example of adding thru’ inline actions. This is an appropriate way to include inline actions.

I could be incorrect in my understanding, but to me it sounds that @dev wishes to add an overlay Add action to the child table’s table view ( Details Mvts) on the right hand side in picture shared by him. With this overlay Add action in child table 's table view, he wishes to add records to the parent table (MVTS Outillages) and thereby he wishes to totally do away with the parent table view on the left hand side picture shared by him. To me it sounds that @dev wishes to manage parent table and child table additions through one view (Details Mvts) of child table on the right hand side.

If it is so, I may request @dev to try the following

1. Add an overlay position action in the child table of type" App:go to another view within the app" with expression in Target field something like LINKTOVIEW(“MVTs Outillages_Form”) . Here “MVTs Outillages_Form” is the form view of the parent table.

The Only if this condition is true setting for this action can be CONTEXT (“View”)= “Details Mvts”

1. Hide the child table "Detailss Mvts"s overlay add action by condition something like CONTEXT (“View”)<> “Details Mvts”

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Top Labels in this Space