Can I click through an Address type to just that address (zoomed in)?

Address and view are default setups. Click on address below:
3X_1_1_1163c193fc25dc56273a5fe1fe0b957ec33853ca.png

And what I get is the full map with all pins while what I am seeking is just a view of one pin.

What I am looking for is something more like this:

Many thanks for any assistance offered

Solved Solved
0 10 243
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I’m not noticing any behavior I’d call “unpredictable”.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

You may wish to take a look at the below sample app. In general, the app creates a system action near the address that takes the app user to the specific map pin of the address.

In the sample app below the action is View Map (Location) on the table Attractions
It is available in attractions details view. The action is set for prominence of “Display Prominently” . You could make it “Display Inline” for displaying next to address field.

https://www.appsheet.com/templates/Display-attractions--details-include-contact-information--more?ap...

Many thanks for your prompt reply.
I understand. My action was the default, system generated map action and I went back to play around with the sample you recommended and the problem has gone away. Now it is going to a zoomed in view just as I had hoped. This seems to happen quite a but where I have to hard refresh the app even after saving and regenerating a table. Is this a common experience or have I got something wrong with my setup, do you think?

Spmehow your statement is not clear, Could you elaborate when you have to do this?

I have noticed that often after a save not involving a table change, new behaviour is unpredictable. It is usually fixed by rebuilding a table or refreshing the web page. I’m new to AppSheet but I’m usually happy to suspect myself rather than my dev stack but I’m reasonably certain the behaviour I’m observing is not just me.

I am sorry that I am unable to understand the issue. By table change are you referring to the "table view "change? You may also wish to elaborate what you mean by “new behaviour”

Thanks @Suvrutt_Gurjar, Sorry for not being clearer. I thought the original problem was something I had wrong about maps. That was not the case. On this occasion and on a few others, I made a change to the app, saved the change (the app syncs) but some aspect of the change did not work correctly (a field not visible or navigation not working or in this case showing a map at a particular location not working). To fix this, when it occurs I first reload the page and I have now noticed that sometimes it takes reloading the browser cache to fix the issue (ctrl-f5). I gather this is expected behaviour so I marked the question as solved with @Steve’s response. Thanks again, MattP

Yup…

I’m not noticing any behavior I’d call “unpredictable”.

Make sure cookies are not blocked for appsheet.com, and that your ad blocker (if any) is not blocking anything in appsheet.com.

Vanilla up to date Chrome. No blockers or ad-ins at all. Cookies are not blocked for AppSheet and most of the time everything works fine. I did not use Google Maps outside AppSheet between it not working and it working but I did reopen the app after closing the AppSheet tab.

Top Labels in this Space