Can we trigger workflow after multiple update?

Hi,

I want to ask regarding triggering workflow multiple times.

Can we actually trigger the workflow after multiple update?

For example:

I want to trigger the workflow after user click โ€œYesโ€ .

after that, when user edit the form and change their input multiple times, if โ€œYesโ€ chosen again, i want the workflow to be triggered again.

can we actually do that?

Solved Solved
0 7 348
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes you can do that. Add a condition rule like AND([_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]=โ€œYesโ€,[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]). You would also need to think how you are going to change itโ€™s value after the Workflow is sent. If you donโ€™t change it to something than โ€œYesโ€, it doesnโ€™t trigger the Workflow anymore.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes you can do that. Add a condition rule like AND([_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]=โ€œYesโ€,[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]). You would also need to think how you are going to change itโ€™s value after the Workflow is sent. If you donโ€™t change it to something than โ€œYesโ€, it doesnโ€™t trigger the Workflow anymore.

If the input was enum, which is only yes or no.

For the first time, The input is โ€œYesโ€, and the workflow is triggered. Then, they edit the input to โ€œNo.โ€

If i put the condition as you mentioned, โ€œAND([_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]=โ€œYesโ€,[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column])โ€

If they put the input back to โ€œYesโ€ , will it trigger back the workflow?

please correct me if iโ€™m wrong.

Yes it will tirigger the Workflow because both statements are then TRUE. When they choose โ€œNoโ€, the first statement is FALSE and the Workflow is not triggered.

Just for verification, in the database, it will hold the latest value of the column, isnโ€™t it?

Correct

Thanks Aleksi, Iโ€™ve managed to trigger the workflow. Thanks a lot for your guidance and help !

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space