Can you send push notifications to multiple people using the TO parameter?

As a reminder of people's actions ahead of time for a meeting I would like to send a Push Notification. 

[Invitees] is a list of PeopleUUIDs. I am dereferencing in order to obtain a list of email address. I have tried just:

[Invitees][Email]

and the below wrapping it in the split function in case AppSheet does not see it as a list of emails. Neither approach works with the error: The To field was missing or invalid. (see 2nd screenshot)

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 11.09.06.png

Error seen in the Audit trail.

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 11.12.01.png

Is it possible to send a push notification to multiple people using the TO field? I.e does it accept lists of email addresses? If so how?

Thank you in advance.

Solved Solved
0 2 376
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Many thanks @jyothis_m  for your suggestion. It was difficult to test as a scheduled task, so I created a new action to send the push-notifications on demand. The above dereference worked for emails so why not push-notification. It appears the reason why the TO parameter was empty was because it needed to run as an action bypassing the security filters. When turned-off, the Bot didn’t work. Turned-on and it worked fine, with [Invitees][Email] no need to split it as a list.

Applied the same fix to the scheduled bot and that is now working too.

Thanks once again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Add email recipients 

when you test the above expression, what result are you getting. Also try " , " (space comma space) instead of ", " (comma space)

Many thanks @jyothis_m  for your suggestion. It was difficult to test as a scheduled task, so I created a new action to send the push-notifications on demand. The above dereference worked for emails so why not push-notification. It appears the reason why the TO parameter was empty was because it needed to run as an action bypassing the security filters. When turned-off, the Bot didn’t work. Turned-on and it worked fine, with [Invitees][Email] no need to split it as a list.

Applied the same fix to the scheduled bot and that is now working too.

Thanks once again.

Top Labels in this Space